Restore Your Smile and Your Confidence with Dental Implants
Whether you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth, you want a dental solution that will restore your smile as close to your natural teeth as possible. With dental implants, patients can replace missing teeth with permanent implants that look, feel and perform just like natural teeth. No one but you and your dentist will have to know that you received implants, but you'll reap the benefits of a beautiful, natural smile. It's easy to see why implants are becoming the number one option for replacing missing teeth.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. The procedure is a multi-step process that involves placing metal anchors into the bone of the jaw, allowing the anchor and bone to fuse, placing an extension in the anchor, and fixing a prosthetic tooth or crown on the extension.
Benefits of Dental Implants from Bruce R. Schechter, D.D.S.:
If you, like millions of adults, have lost one or more teeth, then you understand the unpleasant consequences that accompany tooth loss. Missing teeth result in an older appearance, difficulty eating and speaking, and other health problems like tooth decay and bone deterioration.
Not long ago, dentures were the only restorative dental treatment available for replacing natural teeth, but unlike dental implants, offered no stability or permanence. Since implants are securely attached, you gain confidence to eat what you like, the ability to speak clearly and freedom from embarrassment. Other benefits include:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth
- Improved Comfort: Implants are securely anchored, so there is no slipping as there is with dentures. This eliminates some of the key inconveniences of dentures, including poor fit, gum irritation, and pain.
- Improved Health: Dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- Durability: Implants are strong and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent, eliminating the inconvenience of removing your dentures. With implants, you can brush and care for your teeth just as you would your natural teeth.
Are you a good candidate for dental implants?
Whether you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants may be a viable solution for restoring your natural smile. Patients must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. The patient must also be committed to good oral hygiene, including exceptional brushing, flossing and regular visits to our Milford office.
Whether your tooth loss is caused by decay, years of wear and tear or serious trauma, dental implants can help you get your smile back. No other restorative procedure replaces the entire missing tooth and preserves bone like dental implants. If you're missing teeth, don't compromise your health and quality of life any longer. Visit Bruce R. Schechter, D.D.S. and find out if dental implants are a good fit for you.