Dr. Schechter's Dental Discussion
Posts for: January, 2016
What Should I Know About Dental Implants? Facts about dental implants.
Someone you know just went in for dental implants, and they look great! You are wondering if you should get dental implants because you want to smile again without large spaces in your mouth.
If you are considering dental implants, you need to see your neighborhood implant expert Dr. Bruce Schechter, family dentist, in Milford, Connecticut. He can tell you the truth about dental implants.
In years past, when you lost a tooth, you only had a few options to choose from. You could choose:
- Not to replace it, and just live with the space and reduced chewing and biting ability
- A partial, which you have to remove to clean, and it may be uncomfortable
- A denture, which might fit poorly and move around
- A bridge, which may be expensive because you have to treat the teeth around the bridge
Now there is another choice, a dental implant. Implants can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, and can even be used to support a denture.
Implants are strong because they are made of titanium, a material which is also kind to your soft tissue and bone. Your body won’t reject it; in fact, dental implants have a 95% success rate! Implants also help to preserve the bone in your jaw, helping you retain the youthful look of your face.
Dental implants are the most like having your natural teeth, but there are many more benefits to implants, such as:
- They look better- just like your natural teeth
- You can speak more clearly- knowing nothing will be moving around
- You can chew your food better- aiding in digestion and your overall health
- More permanence and convenience- you don’t have to take them in and out to clean them
- Greater comfort and durability- they can last many years
Implants are an investment you make in yourself, so it is important to seek the help of a professional like Dr. Bruce Schechter, your family dentist in Milford, Connecticut. If you wonder what dental implants can do for your smile, give him a call today, and be on your way to a new smile!