Dr. Schechter's Dental Discussion
Posts for category: Dental Procedures
How your family dentist in Milford, CT, can help relieve your tooth pain
Believe it or not, a root canal could be the key to saving your smile! In the cases of dental trauma and infection, this miraculous treatment can preserve an infected tooth prevent the need for extraction, a last-resort procedure that carries with it a hefty price tag and the potential for numerous health risks. Read on to learn more about root canal treatment, and call Dr. Brian Bae of Golden Hill Family Dental in Milford, CT, if you think that this procedure could be right for you!
Do you need a root canal?
So, do you need a root canal, or would a simple filling or crown do the job? Well, a root canal may be in your future if you are experiencing:
- Increasing pain when your tooth is exposed to hot or cold food/beverages
- Continuing pain even after a dental restoration has been placed
- Radiating pain to the other areas of your jaws, face, or head
- Aching or throbbing pain when you bite or chew food
- A red or white bump on your gums, especially next to a tooth root
- Drainage including blood or pus coming from the bump on your gums
- A tooth that is becoming darker or grayer compared to the teeth next to it
Dr. Bae can help determine the issue when you come into our Milford office for a routine or emergency dental examination. If he discovers any signs of inflammation, a root canal might be the answer.
Your dentist will also take x-rays and if there is a radiolucent or darkened area around the root of your painful tooth, this is likely a sign of infection and early bone destruction. If you have a darkened area around the tooth root, you definitely need a root canal.
Concerned? Give us a call!
Don’t suffer from dental pain—pick up your phone and dial (203) 878-1787 to set up an appointment with Dr. Brian Bae of Golden Hill Family Dental in Milford, Connecticut!
There are many ways in which a dental crown could benefit your oral health.
Our Milford, CT, family dentist Dr. Brian Bae is always ready to help patients improve their smiles, whether that’s through restorative or cosmetic services. After all, we know how important it is to have a strong, healthy and beautiful smile. If you are dealing with a damaged tooth then chances are good that you could benefit from getting a dental crown from us. Here are just some of the ways in which a dental crown is used,
Repair Damaged Teeth
If you are dealing with a chipped, fractured or broken tooth then the goal is to re-strengthen the tooth. The best way to do this is to cover it with a dental crown, which will fit completely over the visible portion of a tooth and be cemented into place to become the tooth’s new outer layer. The will ensure that every time you bite, chew or speak, that your tooth is fully protected.
Protect Worn and Weak Teeth
Are you someone who grinds your teeth? If so, you may have noticed the toll it’s taken over the years. Unfortunately, years of teeth grinding (known as bruxism) can also lead to cracks, chips and fractures if the tooth isn’t protected. Plus, it can wear down teeth substantially so they look small and uneven. If this is something you’re dealing with, getting a dental crown could improve the shape, size and appearance of the tooth while also protecting it from excessive wear and tear.
Improve the Shape or Color of a Tooth
Do you have a tooth that is malformed or discolored? If so, did you know that a dental crown could also improve the appearance of the tooth? Along with restorative benefits, a dental crown can provide cosmetic advantages as well. If you have a misshapen or discolored tooth that other cosmetic treatment options just can’t address, then you may want to talk to our Milford, CT, dentist about getting a dental crown.
Cover a Dental Implant
If you’ve decided to get a tooth replacement that is as close as you can come to a real tooth then you’ve probably decided on dental implants. While the implant itself will lie under the gums within the jawbone, it will support a false tooth such as a dental crown (this is the part of the restoration you will see).
Have questions about getting a dental crown in Milford, CT? Want to talk to us about the restorative dentistry options we offer? If so, schedule a consultation with Dr. Brian Bae today. Call (203) 878-1787.
Regular visits to your family dentist provide a simple way to protect your family's smiles. Your Milford, CT, dentist, Dr. Bruce Schechter, offers a variety of dental service and procedures that will improve your oral health.
What are the advantages of visiting a family dentist?
Family dentists treat dental issues that arise at any age, unlike other dentists that may specialize in treating a particular age group. Although "fillings" or "cleanings" may be the first words that spring to mind when you think of dentists, family dentists do in-fact offer many more services.
Your family dentist can help you:
- Keep Your Teeth Healthy: Do you visit the dentist every six months? Regular visits allow your dentist to spot cavities and other dental issues while they're still small and easier to treat. Checkups also include cleanings that remove cavity-causing plaque and tartar from your mouth, which helps decrease your chances for tooth decay and gum disease risk. During checkups, your dentist can also apply sealants that prevent cavities in your child's pre-molars and molars.
- Enhance the Appearance of Your Smile: Your family dentist offers treatments that repair damage and improve the way your teeth look. If you have a broken tooth, a crown may be recommended, while a porcelain veneer or bonding can take care of a small chip. If your teeth aren't as white as you'd like, teeth whitening or veneers can transform your smile.
- Restore Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and hamper your ability to chew easily. Luckily, your family dentist offers several restoration options that will fill the gaps in your smile, including bridges, dentures, and dental implants.
Family dentists offer one-stop convenience for busy families. When everyone in your home visits the same dentist, you can schedule a group checkup with back-to-back appointments.
Are your kids apprehensive during healthcare visits? Your Milford dentist understands that visits can be a little scary for very young patients will accordingly take the time to explain the checkup process in words that your child understands. As a parent, you serve as a role model for your child even while at the dental office. If your son or daughter sees that you're comfortable during your checkup, they may also be more likely to relax and cooperate.
Isn't it time you switched to a family dentist? Call your Milford, CT, dentist, Dr. Bruce Schechter, at (203) 878-1787 to schedule an appointment.
How teeth whitening from your dentist in Milford, CT, can give you a brilliant smile
Are you living with a dull, dark, uninteresting smile because of aging or coffee stains? If so, it’s time to improve your smile with professional teeth whitening! Dr. Bruce R. Schechter in Milford, CT, offers teeth whitening treatments that are quick, effective, and fit in with your lifestyle.
More on Teeth Whitening
It’s common to seek out over-the-counter methods when your smile needs brightening, but these methods aren’t as effective, and they may even be unsafe. Many of these products contain abrasive chemicals which can make your teeth sensitive over time and produce disappointing and short-lived results.
Professional teeth whitening is different, and offers many advantages that can’t be matched by over-the-counter products. When you choose professional whitening, you can count on:
- Effectiveness, because professional whitening can whiten your smile up to 8 shades
- Quick treatment, because the in-office treatment takes only about an hour
- Safe results, because the products have been rigorously tested and approved by the ADA
- Long-term brilliance, because your results can last up to 5 years
Professional teeth whitening also costs far less than other cosmetic dental services, making it one of the most popular, most effective cosmetic dental services available.
Dr. Schechter offers two highly-effective teeth whitening services, each with its own benefits. You can choose from:
- In-office whitening, which only takes about an hour; the quick turn-around of in-office whitening makes it an excellent choice if you want to whiten your smile quickly, just in time for an important event coming up.
- Take-home whitening, which comes in the form of a kit containing whitening gel and custom trays; this is a great choice if you want to whiten at your own pace, in the privacy and convenience of your home.
If your smile is suffering, it’s time to improve it with professional teeth whitening! You can achieve your best smile quickly and easily. Get started by calling (203) 878-1787 for Dr. Bruce R. Schechter in Milford, CT, today!
How your dentist in Milford, Connecticut can brighten your smile quickly
If your smile needs a little help, why not consider a teeth whitening treatment? The truth is, professional teeth whitening has become the go-to solution for a more beautiful smile. It’s quick, easy, and provides amazing results. Dr. Bruce Schechter in Milford, Connecticut offers teeth whitening to give you a smile you can be proud of.
Teeth whitening can give you the confidence you need and a smile you will love. Just consider that a professional teeth whitening treatment provides:
- Dramatically beautiful results, because you can whiten your smile up to 8 shades
- Long-lasting effectiveness, because your white smile can stay beautiful up to 5 years after treatment
- Rapid results, because the in-office treatment can give you a gorgeous smile in as little as one hour
- Convenience, because you can also whiten your teeth at home
Dr. Schechter provides two whitening methods, each with its own benefits and advantages. You can choose from:
In-office whitening, which takes about an hour and can be done in one appointment; in-office whitening is an excellent choice if you need a beautiful, white smile quickly. The whitening process can even be done on a lunch hour. It’s a great option if you have a special event coming up soon and you want to look your best.
At-home whitening, which comes in the form of a kit containing whitening solution, custom trays, and instructions so you can whiten your smile in the privacy of your home; this method is perfect for you if you want the convenience of being able to whiten at your own pace, whenever you want.
To view amazing before and after photos of Dr. Schechter’s patients, please visit the Gallery Page on the website at https://www.brsdds.com/gallery.html
If you need to restore your confidence, there’s nothing as effective as a dazzling, white smile. You can have a renewed smile more quickly and easily than you have ever imagined. Get started on your new, beautiful smile by calling Dr. Bruce Schechter in Milford, Connecticut and ask about teeth whitening. Call today and get the brilliant smile you deserve!